Practicality is key in kitchen design. A well-lit, well-ventilated kitchen interior design with sufficient storage and preparation space would not only make your dream kitchen the perfect place for cooking but also a great environment for your family. The following are 3 factors that will aid you in achieving your dream kitchen:
1.Type of Kitchen Interior Design Concept
How frequently do you cook and what type of cuisine do you usually whip up for your loved ones? What kind of kitchen appliances do you use? These are questions that you should ponder before choosing the kitchen concept that is suitable for you and your loved ones.
Open-Concept Kitchen Interior
- Infuse more space, light, and fluidity in both the kitchen and the living room
- Increase interaction with the owner and guest while preparing food
Close-Concept Kitchen Interior
- Whatever happens in the kitchen stays in the kitchen. The clutter, the odor, and the grease could all be contained within the kitchen while cooking.
- An additional wall would mean an extra storage area and the working area within the kitchen
Semi-Open Kitchen Interior
To marry the advantages of both types of kitchens, a semi-open or dry & wet kitchen concept emerged. With the semi-open kitchen concept, you get to entertain your guests as well as the illusion of a bigger space without the grease and smell.
2.Type of Kitchen Interior Layout
L-Shaped Kitchen Interior
Corridor Kitchen Interior
L-shaped Kitchen With Island
The layout of the kitchen interior is very much restricted to the shape and space allocation of the kitchen. Nevertheless, with the strategic arrangement of appliances and the allocation of wet and dry area, the working triangle could be applied to all types of kitchen layouts.
3.Type of Materials
|Common materials used in kitchen renovation||Pros||Cons||Commonly used for:|
*The pros and cons of Quartz and Granite are based on Silestone’s and Sensa’s properties.
Other Common Questions:
- Can I fit in a kitchen island?
- Should I use a full-height backsplash or a 4-inch backsplash?
- Does the kitchen design flow with the theme of the house?
- How do I make a semi-open concept kitchen work with the layout of my kitchen?
- How do I make my kitchen and living area look bigger?
It is indeed difficult to make such tough yet important decisions on your own! Feeling overwhelmed by the pressure of renovating your house/kitchen interior? Click here to make an appointment with our interior designers so we can discuss how to materialise the ideals of your dream kitchen/home given the unique space and layout of your house without compromising on functionality.
Book A Consultation with our Designer